I can help you as an Interpreter in any sort of meeting or appointment, with various third parties such as
  • neighbours - bank
  • schools - sollicitors
  • doctors - CPAM (health insurance)
  • town halls - gendarmes or policemen
  • builders - CAF (children benefit)
  • Pôle Emploi - chambers of Commerce or Industry

As well as assisting you orally, I can translate documents related to the above subjects.

NB: What I am not accredited to do:

  • Any Court sworn translation, including written translation of birth certificates, marriage certificates and educational certificates for official use.
  • Acting as legal interpreter in Court

Setting up in Business

I will be able to answer most of the questions you have about establishing a business in France. I will give you an overview of the process.

I can also advise you and help you to register as a “micro-entreprise” or an "auto-entrepreneur”.

Assistance with French Administration

France is very different from UK in terms of business and how everything works.

The very common mistake for newcomers is to take for granted that everything in France, including administration works the same way as in UK. That can lead to misunderstandings and sometimes to more serious issues.

Before you do anything important for you or official, make sure you are doing it the right way.

A one-hour consultation will always cost less than a fine or a Court case! It will answer all your questions about what to do, where to go, who to contact, in terms of :

  • Health care
  • Social services
  • Taxes authorities
  • Building or renovation forms
  • Vehicles registration

Legal assistance

I am neither a solicitor nor a lawyer but I can point you to the right person, whatever your problem is and help you to build up a file explaining your situation;

Utility networks

Whether you are in the process of purchasing a property, moving house or if you already own a property in France, you may need assistance with utility companies:

  • Purchasing a property: setting up telephone lines, water, gas, electricity…
  • Moving house: closing all accounts, telephone, internet, electricity, water, Post office, taxes people…
  • Owning a property : all problems arising with telephone, internet, electricity, bank, cleaning lady…
  • Heating/plumbing : oil deliveries, heating or plumbing problems


  • Advice about how to contract a builder, what are the rules to respect
  • Liaison with builders
  • Filling of application forms
  • Disputes with builders